What do we do?
The PIDC's strategic objectives are:
- To improve the management of international people movements;
- To strengthen border management and security; and
- To work together to build capacity to deliver immigration services.
Through its secretariat, and seeking to always be led by its members, the PIDC undertakes a broad spectrum of work, including:
- Developing and harmonising immigration policy and legislation across the region to meet international standards
- Collating, exchanging and analysing targeted information to build a clear picture of regular and irregular migration in the Pacific and support evidence-based policy
- Representing the views of Pacific immigration agencies at regional and international forums, and collaborating with partner agencies
- Ensuring immigration officials are equipped with the skills and tools to manage borders in the region and prevent immigration and related crime